Sunday 19 August 2012

Brunch Munch - THE DISTRICT SOCIAL HOUSE - NORTH VANCOUVER LONSDALE QUAY

I always think Fish and Chips when I go to Lonsdale Quay. But one sunny mid morning, I was starving like a monster, I passed by The District, and took on the courage to try something new. I was surprised. 

AMBIANCE | I sat outside on a sunny day.  The table was sticky. But thats okay, it was the expected. The one thing that annoyed me the most was the slow service. The restaurant was busy. But sitting in the patio put us in a terrible disadvantage because the waitresses were sometimes more caught up with customers inside. But it was a nice day, I was okay with waiting.

  
We ordered - 
Brunch Benny
Breakfast Migaz

FOOD | Apparently the Brunch Benny is widely popular, I heard two other tables around be informed that it was sold out. I guess I got the last one. I understand why it is so popular, it was so good! The herbs, garlic and sausages, complete with a half cooked egg benny, drizzled with some inhouse sauce was perfect. The fries with some fresh tomato sauce, tabasco and ketchup were the best comfort food I have had in a while. The Migaz was braised beef stirred together with potatoes and eggs. I am not a fan of braised beef, but the sauce was amazing. Overall, a very very well put-together brunch. I see myself driving all the way to North Van just for its brunch. I loved it. 



13 Lonsdale Ave
North Vancouver, BC V7M 2E4

778-338-4938
The District on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...